Terms of Service
This document was last updated on March 5, 2013.
This Terms of Service pertains to the Zurker web application as provided via zurker.com
(hereinafter "ZURKER PROJECT"), the custodians operating ZURKER PROJECT including executive administrators and
directors (hereinafter "OPERATORS"), and the registered and non-registered users accessing ZURKER PROJECT
(hereinafter "members" or "you").
If you do not understand this document to your satisfaction, do not use ZURKER PROJECT.
This Terms of Service document has been designed to be comprehensible by anyone. YOU MUST read this
document and understand it.
While ZURKER PROJECT is a free and democratic platform, certain types of behavior (referral fraud, cracking, and hacking)
are not tolerated and will result in the closure of your account without compensation.
Scope of Instrument
This document outlines the basic Terms of Service and the acceptable usage policy for ZURKER PROJECT.
The existence of this document does not imply that the OPERATORS shall tolerate any type of
activity not expressly covered by this document. While certain types of usage,
behavior, and activity have been expressly prohibited herein, any type of potentially harmful usage which runs
contrary to behavior deemed acceptable by societal norms as interpreted by the OPERATOR is strictly
prohibited and a violation of the Terms of Service.
The OPERATORS reserve the right to modify the Terms of Service pursuant to consultation with the community.
Opening of Accounts
An account refers to the provisioning of data management application and certain functionalities
pursuant to registration (the "creation of an account" or "signing up").
- No duplicates Duplicate accounts are not allowed. In other words, one person may open and/or use only one account.
- No children Accounts may only be opened by users who have been alive for at least 567,648,000 seconds, or about 18 years.
- No proxies Accounts may not be opened unless the web is accessed directly, without the use of proxy servers. However,
proxies may be used to access Zurker after the account has been opened.
- No transfers Accounts are non-transferrable.
Accounts may only be opened if the specified criteria have been met.
- Individuals only Accounts may be opened only for individuals.
Accounts may not be opened for corporations, business, organizations, or groups - these
may have a presence on ZURKER PROJECT in the form of "entities" but not as accounts.
Closing of Accounts
Accounts are provisioned by the OPERATORS for use by the members, but may be closed due to abuse, including but not
limited to the following instances:
ZURKER PROJECT guarantees members' freedom of speech on their own posts;
however this freedom of speech does not extend to other members' profiles and
- Fraud Attempts by the user to game the system and unfairly amass zen, vShares, zurks, connects, or subscribers.
- Spamming Leaving notes on other members' profiles or leaving comments on other members' posts for the
purposes of self-promotion and/or marketing and attempting to milk Zurker for purposes of profit.
You may not leave links to your stuff on the official blog, other members' posts,
other members' profiles, or in connect messages. You can post anything you want in your OWN posts.
- Trolling Repeated engagement of administrators or other users in prolonged arguments and discussions just for the sake of it.
The OPERATORS mission is to serve the members who support this project. The OPERATORS mission is not to waste time arguing with trolls.
You will be warned ONCE and only once.
- Masquerading Purporting to speak on behalf of the OPERATORS. We guarantee your
freedom of speech, but if you impersonate a custodian, administrator, or staff member of ZURKER PROJECT, we will place a bright red disclaimer
on your posts informing everyone that you are a lying little scoundrel.
- Sabotage If you post information about how to abuse or game the system on ZURKER PROJECT, especially in regard to zen,
or if you post information about hacking ZURKER PROJECT, the OPERATORS will beat you with a baseball bat, or, if such action is not possible
due to logistical or legal considerations, close your account.
- Child Pornography If you upload patently illegal material such as child pornography, the OPERATORS will alert the relevant
authorities immediately and provide your last known IP address.
Zen and vShares
vShares are not shares, or stock. vShares are an agreement between the user and the OPERATORS that the user shall qualify for
equity. As such, vShares cannot, technically, be "owned," in the same way as conventional securities, and the agreement between the user
and the OPERATORS may be revoked
in case of intolerable and persistent abuse by the user; in other words, vShares shall be forfeited in case the user's account is closed.
vShares are not transferrable and may not be sold or bought back by Zurker. There will be no refunds for vShares purchased.
vShares records shall be maintained by the OPERATORS until the establishment of an operating entity which apportions equity
to all holders of vShares.
- You shall immediately desist from continued access to ZURKER PROJECT should you not
fully understand and agree with the Terms of Service.
- You alone are responsible for keeping your password secure, and you alone are responsible for your account's
activity on ZURKER PROJECT.
- You may not use other members' profiles and/or posts for the purposes of marketing, advertising, or promoting your cause.
You may not include self-promotion in connect requests with other members.
- For security purposes, the OPERATORS reserve the right to refuse service to the user or
any other individual, corporation, or organization, at all times,
without prior notice and without providing an explanation.
If you attempt to hack or otherwise damage Zurker, we will close your account. Zurker will not tolerate any members who
seek to damage Zurker.
- The OPERATORS accept no liability whatsoever, whether direct or indirect, for the functionality, lack of functionality, service,
lack of service, availability, or lack of availability of ZURKER PROJECT.
You may not use the Zurker logo without permission unless it is clearly stated that the logo is used in an unofficial capacity.
information on ZURKER PROJECT, including but not limited to
text, data, and digital images, may not be copied, reproduced, stored,
downloaded, forwarded, or
otherwise distributed, neither in whole nor in part, unless express permission is given by the
user who uploaded or posted the information.
No material found on, at, or within ZURKER PROJECT is in the public domain unless expressly stated.
Any direct or indirect usage of any form of information provided by ZURKER PROJECT construes
acknowledgement that the OPERATORS are not liable for any consequences arising from the usage
of ZURKER PROJECT. The OPERATORS provide no warranty, guaranty, guarantee, or any other
protection regarding the use of ZURKER PROJECT, the use of information derived from ZURKER PROJECT.
The user uses ZURKER PROJECT solely at his, her, or their own risk. Any usage of ZURKER PROJECT
acknowledges that the user understands that the user is solely responsible for any consequences
arising from usage, or lack thereof, of ZURKER PROJECT, not the OPERATORS.
- The OPERATORS shall not be held responsible or liable for any damages resulting
directly or indirectly from a loss of information, misrepresented information, incorrect
information, unavailability of
information, unavailability of service, or other problem caused by ZURKER PROJECT, whatever the cause.
- The OPERATORS are not responsible nor liable for the erroneous transfer of information, the
misrepresentation of information, or any other problematic handling of information
which may be caused by, amongst other things, software malfunction, which in turn may have been
caused by human error on the part of the OPERATORS and/or the OPERATORS' representatives.
- The OPERATORS are not responsbile nor liable for any consequences which may or may not
arise from a lack of communication from the OPERATORS and/or their representatives, or a
failure to respond to communications by the OPERATORS and/or their representatives.
- The OPERATORS are not responsible or liable for the theft or unauthorized use of any
information submitted to ZURKER PROJECT, or any theft or damages directly or indirectly
resulting from the submission of information to ZURKER PROJECT.